, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


This photo. This photograph. This creation has been in my brain for over 8 months. Finally, I almost have it out of my system. Almost.

The individual images were taken at the engagement shoot I did last December. I had seen something similar to it on flickr and thought it would be a piece of cake to execute and produce.

Let me just tell you…I could not have been more wrong.

The source of my problems were mostly my lack of photoshop skills. I mean, I am self-taught via online tutorials, videos, blogs, forums, etc. Never had a class, and what I do know I’ve learned mostly through trial and error.

I’ve had at least 4 errored attempts at getting the results I wanted for this. And believe me, I spent hours – HOURS – working on them, so it wasn’t for a lack of trying!

Fortunately, after reading a tutorial on something completely different, all the the little things I’ve learned up until now all fired simultaneously, as the stars properly aligned, and it finally occurred to me how to do what I wanted to do.

I have some tweaking to do, but I’m so happy that I am that much closer to seeing my vision come to life that I just had to share. 🙂

Required pieces to the puzzle:

  • layers
  • masks
  • wider canvas
  • transform tool
  • reduce at equal percentage
  • paste same image twice and use one for left side and one for right side

I know…it doesn’t seem like a lot, but it took a while for all those pieces to fit together.